The purpose of the role is to provide outstanding management for the quality arrangements as part of the organisation. You will develop and implement clear, focused plans that promote quality and deliver our mission and the drive for continual improvement will be your key driver.
You will and support innovation and quality improvements for all activities linked to quality and performance within InterLearn. You will be accountable for the quality improvement and assurance arrangements aligned to your caseload. This success will be measured through effective quality management, timely success rates, high quality teaching and learning, learner and employer satisfaction surveys and high levels of positive progression and destination outcomes.
National Travel Expected within the role.
- Level 4 Award / Cert in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes, or equivalent.
- Level 3 Cert in Assessing Vocational Achievement or equivalent.
- Level 3 Education & Training, PTTLS or equivalent.
- Level 2 Mathematics and English qualifications.
- Lead and inspire teams to provide excellence through the delivery of outstanding teaching, learning and skills developments to improve our outcomes
- To implement the teaching, learning and assessment observation policy and produce smart action plans to support improvements.
- To conduct observations of Teaching, Learning and assessment including implementation of support to drive outstanding practices
- To support all Trainers, Assessors & Mentors to improve performance on observation grades awarded
- To strategically lead the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) of all delivery staff aligned to the business to reach outstanding grades on Observations and keep up to date with their subject specific professions
- Drive the review and redesign of curriculum delivery models to ensure we are able to deliver on its promise of excellence, this includes the full exploitation of technology and blended learning delivery
- To take leadership for and implementation of quality assurance and learning systems and processes
- To lead the quality team and function across the business
- To manage the self-assessment process and produce the SAR and CQIP in conjunction with business expectations
- To work corporately to develop the quality of provision to the highest standard. To ensure areas of weaknesses and or inadequacy, as well as quality improvement are addressed and meet the requirements to be judged ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted during a full inspection
- To drive forward a companywide strategy on continuous improvement for learning with relentless focus on outstanding experiences for our staff, employers, and apprentices
- Lead and ensure that our teams put learners and employers at the heart of the business resulting in life changing employment opportunities
- To ensure that rigorous tracking and monitoring of learner progression is in place across all sectors in the business
- Provide information to help ensure that the provision contracted is of the required standard to achieve agreed success rates.
- Create a quality control process to monitor learner and employer feedback to ensure this is consistent between direct delivery and sub-contracting provision
- To continuously review our work with awarding organisations to ensure value for money
- To work with the quality team to monitor the changing landscape of the funding and quality assurance requirements, identifying development areas that the business should act upon
- To ensure that appropriate measures are in place for the assurance of the quality of all aspects of provision, and in particular to ensure that any weaknesses identified are promptly addressed
- To drive forward a companywide strategy on continuous improvement for learning with relentless focus on outstanding experiences for our learners and staff
- To work with managers in the quality team on a programme of quality audits and spot checks with particular focus on observations of teaching, learning and assessment whilst planning to drive Outstanding practice in all areas of teaching, learning and assessment
- To implement the teaching, learning and assessment observation policy and produce smart action plans to support improvements within the business
- To support all delivery staff to improve performance on observation grades awarded
- To develop constructive staff development plans and propose appropriate CPD for teams, including occupational competence utilising information from lesson observations, apprentice and employer feedback, awarding organisations and other relevant stakeholders
- To ensure the whole learner experience is varied, has breadth and enables all to reach their full potential in line with their specific learning plan
- To support Managers in identifying and implementing strategies for raising standards and narrowing the gap in achievement and attainment for all learners and groups of learners
- To devise and implement strategies that will identify learners’ support needs promptly thus leading to thorough and appropriate arrangements for intervention
- Provide enriched opportunities and appropriately challenging provision across the curriculum for the more able to achieve the highest standards
Technical Knowledge and Understanding
- Understands the self assessment and quality improvement process
- Understands the common inspection framework
- Understands the apprenticeship sector and specifically apprenticeship standards
- Understands the requirements for quality assurance sampling for frameworks and standards
- Understands end point assessment how to mitigate risk to the business
- Understands the principles of outstanding classroom and workplace delivery
Underpinning Skills, Attitudes and Behaviours
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- A thorough and organised approach
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Maintain productive, professional and secure working environment
NAME OF HIRER: